DAAD-SEARCA Scholarship Programme 2024 (Fully Funded) – The DAAD-SEARCA Scholarship Programme stands as a beacon of opportunity for aspiring agricultural experts. Launched in the 1975–1976 school year, this collaboration between DAAD and SEARCA has been pivotal in shaping the future of agriculture in Southeast Asia. The program proudly supports Masters and PhD degrees, focusing on innovative and sustainable agricultural practices.
A Legacy of Excellence
Since its inception, the DAAD-SEARCA initiative has awarded scholarships to 419 Southeast Asian students, with beneficiaries hailing from Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam. These scholars, split almost evenly between Master’s (206) and PhD (208) programs, with 5 enrolling in non-degree courses, represent a diverse and talented group committed to agricultural development.
- GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders 2024
- University of Huddersfield International Scholarships (UK) 2024 Fully Funded
- University Of Ottawa Undergraduate African Scholarships For African Students 2024
- Australian National University Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme
In 2018, the program expanded with the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme. This addition aims to strengthen higher education systems in Southeast Asia, focusing on sustainable development. The program not only offers financial support but also fosters an environment conducive to impactful research and teaching in the scholars’ home countries.
The programme is designed to yield several long-term impacts:
- Empowering professionals to address development-related issues.
- Enhancing the quality of education and research in Southeast Asia.
- Strengthening the structure and network of partner institutions and universities.
To achieve these impacts, the program focuses on:
- Preparing graduates for influential roles in their regions.
- Encouraging the participation of women and underprivileged groups.
- Boosting the capacities of partner institutions in organizational, financial, and personal aspects.
The DAAD-SEARCA Scholarship Programme 2024 extends a unique opportunity to a broad range of professionals and academics in Southeast Asia. This initiative is keen on attracting individuals who are deeply invested in the future of agriculture and sustainable development. Here’s a more detailed look at the eligibility criteria:
Geographic and Institutional Eligibility
- Nationality: Open exclusively to nationals from Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines, Timor Leste, Thailand, and Vietnam. This geographical focus is integral to the program’s mission of regional development.
- Institutional Affiliation:
- Public University Staff: Individuals currently employed at a public university in any of the eligible countries. This includes both academic and administrative personnel.
- Prospective Teaching or Research Staff: Those who are in the pipeline to become faculty members or researchers at higher education institutions. This could include individuals in the final stages of their current academic program or those actively being considered for academic positions.
- Public Sector Employees: Professionals working within the public sector, particularly those in roles related to agriculture, education, and sustainable development.
Academic and Professional Criteria
- Age Requirements: The programme sets an age limit of 35 years for those applying to Master’s programs and 40 years for PhD candidates. This ensures that the scholarship is awarded to individuals at a pivotal stage in their professional and academic careers.
- Academic History: Applicants should have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years prior to the application date. This criterion seeks to support those who are relatively recent graduates and are poised to apply contemporary knowledge and skills in their field.
- Research Alignment: Candidates must propose a thesis or research project that aligns with SEARCA’s overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation Through Agricultural Innovation (ATTAIN). This alignment underscores the programme’s commitment to addressing contemporary challenges in agriculture and sustainable development. Research proposals should be innovative, feasible, and have the potential to make a significant impact in the applicant’s home country or region.
Research Focus Areas
Proposed research should fall within ATTAIN’s priority areas, including:
- Agri-Business Models for productivity and income growth.
- Sustainable Farming and Natural Resource Management.
- Food and Nutrition Security.
- Transformational Leadership in Agricultural and Rural Development.
- Gender and Youth Engagement.
- Agricultural Development and Climate Resilience.
- EcoHealth/One Health Applications.
- Type: Scholarships and Fellowships
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Country: Germany
- Eligibility: Open to specified nationalities
How to Apply
Apply using this link: https://www.searca.org/daad-scholarship